If you intend to open a company in Cologne, it is very useful to know the main steps of the registration procedure in this country. For all our clients, our specialists in company formation in Germany can offer a big diversity of company formation services in Cologne.
Register a company in Cologne
• application and reception of a name for your company from the Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Cologne;
• the elaboration and notarization of important formation documents such as articles of association and memorandum;
• opening a bank account for your company;
• filing the documentation to the Commercial Register either physically, to the office or through the online platform provided by the institution;
• application for eventual permits or licenses, depending on the type of activity conducted by your company;
• solving the health and security issues for the employees of the company
, in case you intend to rely on local workforce;
• registration for taxes, such as the obtaining of a VAT number for you company if necessary.
Types of companies in Germany
If you decided to open a company in Cologne
, you will have several choices for the type of entity that you want to employ for your business. The German legislation
offers several alternatives from which, one of the most popular is the limited liability company (GmbH)
. This type of entity requires a initial investment of 25.000 EUR, but any other partner, apart from the owner, can be part of the enterprise by contributing with a minimum of only one EUR.
Another type of company is the general partnership (OHG) which must be established by minimum two persons or entities. The limited partnership (KG) offers in addition unlimited liability to one of the partners and does not imply a complicated procedure of company formation in Cologne.
The joint stock company (AG) is another option for investors in Cologne, for the establishment of which it is required a minimum capital of EUR 50,000.
Why open a company in Cologne?
Company formation in Cologne is recommendable thanks to the advantageous location of the city, on the river Rhine, one of the main rivers in Germany. Its main economic sectors are insurance and media industries, but Cologne is also the second big freight terminal in Germany.
Don’t hesitate to contact
our representative in German company formation
for supplementary information and assistance in the formation procedure of your establishment in Cologne