Foreign investors interested in opening a company in Berlin
should be familiar with the local procedures, applicable at the registration of a new company
. If you need to be represented in the incorporation process
, our company formation specialists in Berlin
can provide you with company formation services
, which can refer to the drafting of the articles of association, the documents the founding partners must submit to local authorities or to the compliance with the local taxation system.
Company formation services offered by our specialists also include services such as the registration of an office for the company or the opening of a corporate bank account.
Types of companies in Berlin
Entrepreneurs who want to set up a company in Berlin
can choose from several legal entities, in accordance with the capital available for the company or the risks and liabilities the partners want to take. The German legislation
stipulates the following legal entities
• limited liability company
- Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung (GmbH) is the most common type of business incorporation in Germany
, as the legal entity offers to the shareholders few obligations. The GmbH
requires a share capital of minimum EUR 25,000 out of which half should be deposited in the bank account at the time of registration;
• joint stock company – Aktiengesellschaft (AG) must have at least one shareholder, whose liability is limited to the share capital of the company; the minimum share capital for an AG company is of EUR 50,000;
• general partnership - Offene Handelsgesellschaft (OHG) requires having at least two founding partners with unlimited liability in terms of company’s debts; the OHG does not require a minimum share capital;
• limited partnership - Kommanditgesellschaft (KG) must have at least two partners with a different level of liability. One of the partners must assume unlimited liability, while the other limits his liability to the value of the shares he owns in the company;
• partnerships constituted under the Civil law - Gesellschaft des bürgerlichen Rechts (GbR) requires two partners who are liable with their own assets for the liabilities incurred by the company.
Company registration process in Berlin
Persons interested in setting up a company in Berlin
should follow several steps in order to incorporate a company
here. The founding partners should reserve the company name
, a process which is done at the local Chamber of Commerce and Industry
. After the company name is confirmed, the articles of association of the future company will have to be notarized at a local notary. The articles of association will be further submitted to the Commercial Register.
It is required to open a corporate bank account
, in which you will have to deposit the minimum share capital, in accordance with the legal entity
you have chosen. The company
will also have to register with the labor office, health and insurance services, Tax Office
or the Trade Office; our company registration agents in Berlin
can offer you assistance throughout the incorporation process
, and can help you comply with the rules and regulations imposed by the local authorities.