Foreign investors interested in opening a company in Hamburg, Germany
should be familiar with the incorporation process
. Our German company formation specialists
can provide a wide range of company registration services in Hamburg
Register a company in Hamburg
• receiving a trading name from the Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Hamburg;
• notarizing of the articles of association and memorandum, a procedure which is supervised by a German public notary;
• opening a corporate bank account;
the articles of association are filed at the Commercial Register
; the investors can submit the document on the on-line platform
of the above mentioned institution;
• receiving a special permit or license, in accordance with the commercial activity of the company; investors should know that the licenses to run a business in Hamburg are issued by the Trade Register;
• registration of the company with relevant institutions;
if the company will employ local workforce
, the investor is required to register the employees
for health and social security services;
• register for tax purposes in a period of maximum one month after the articles of association have been notarized.
Types of companies in Germany
Investors interested in incorporating a company in Hamburg
can choose from several legal entities which are available under the local legislation. The most common entity is the limited liability company (GmbH)
, a type of company which requires a minimum capital of EUR 25,000, deposited at the registration of the business; partners in a GmbH
can deposit an initial capital contribution with a value of minimum EUR 1.
A general partnership (OHG) must have at least two partners, natural persons or legal entities. The limited partnership (KG), should also have two partners, out of which one has unlimited liability.
Investors can also set up a joint stock company (AG), which necessitates a minimum capital of EUR 50,000.